As the DJ culture continues to evolve and new technology emerges, there are some sound effects that have become iconic and legendary in the world of DJing. Here are some of the most legendary DJ sound effects that are still popular in 2023:
- Air horn: The air horn sound effect has become a staple in the DJ community. It is a short, loud blast that is used to hype up the crowd and signal a change in energy.
- Explosion: The explosion sound effect is a classic that has been used in DJ sets for decades. It is a powerful sound that is often used to create impact and punctuate a drop or breakdown.
- Siren: The siren sound effect is a common sound used by DJs to create excitement and signal a change in energy. It can be used in a variety of ways, from building anticipation to signaling a drop.
- Scratch: The scratch sound effect is a classic DJ technique that has been used for decades. It involves manipulating vinyl records to create a scratching sound, which can be used to add a unique flavor to a set.
- Gunshot: The gunshot sound effect is a powerful sound that is often used in hip-hop and electronic music. It is used to create impact and tension, and to add a sense of danger to a track.
- Vocal sample: Vocal samples are snippets of recorded vocals that are used in a variety of ways in DJ sets. They can be used to create a hook, to add personality and character to a set, or to create a call-and-response effect with the crowd.
These legendary DJ sound effects have stood the test of time and continue to be used in sets by DJs all over the world. While new sound effects are constantly emerging, these classics are likely to remain popular for years to come.