Professional voice actors are an integral part of the radio, television, film, and video game industries. These talented performers bring characters to life and convey information with their unique vocal abilities. Here are 12 of the top professional voice actors in 2023.
- Tara Strong – Known for her work on “The Powerpuff Girls,” “Rugrats,” and “My Little Pony,” Tara Strong is a versatile voice actor who has been working in the industry for over 30 years.
- James Earl Jones – Best known for his iconic voice as Darth Vader in the “Star Wars” franchise, James Earl Jones has been a prominent voice actor for over 60 years.
- Kevin Conroy – Kevin Conroy is best known for his work as the voice of Batman in the popular animated series “Batman: The Animated Series” and has continued to voice the character in various video games and animated movies.
- Grey DeLisle – Grey DeLisle has lent her voice to many popular characters, including Daphne from “Scooby-Doo,” Mandy from “The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy,” and Azula from “Avatar: The Last Airbender.”
- Billy West – Billy West has provided voices for a wide range of characters in popular shows like “Futurama,” “Ren & Stimpy,” and “Doug.”
- Frank Welker – Frank Welker is a prolific voice actor who has voiced numerous characters in television shows and movies, including Fred from “Scooby-Doo,” Megatron from “Transformers,” and Abu from “Aladdin.”
- Jennifer Hale – Jennifer Hale is a prominent voice actor who has lent her voice to numerous video games, including “Mass Effect,” “Metal Gear Solid,” and “World of Warcraft.”
- Rob Paulsen – Rob Paulsen is known for his work on many popular animated series, including “Pinky and the Brain,” “Animaniacs,” and “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.”
- Nolan North – Nolan North has voiced characters in numerous popular video games, including Nathan Drake from the “Uncharted” series, Desmond Miles from “Assassin’s Creed,” and Deadpool.
- Cree Summer – Cree Summer has lent her voice to numerous animated series, including “The Care Bears,” “Tiny Toon Adventures,” and “Batman Beyond.”
- Phil LaMarr – Phil LaMarr has lent his voice to many popular animated series, including “Samurai Jack,” “Justice League,” and “Futurama.”
- Steve Blum – Steve Blum has voiced numerous characters in video games, including Wolverine, Spike Spiegel from “Cowboy Bebop,” and Tom from “Toonami.”
These 12 professional voice actors are just a small sampling of the talented individuals who bring characters to life with their voices. Their work continues to shape and influence the entertainment industry, making them an essential part of the creative process.